Tuesday, June 30, 2009

"Tho Yuen" Chicken Rice Shop...



This chicken rice shop has been around a long time. I remember when I was still in elementary school, and my grandfather used to bring me and my brother here not only for the chicken rice, but also one of our favourite dish, i.e. crispy noodle dish.
They still make great chicken rice and crispy noodle till this day. They are located at Campbell and Cintra Street Junction. ( Close to the Rolex watch shop).
Penang Chicken Rice is mainly "Hainan"-style which originally was introduced by the Chinese from Hainan, China. There are other varieties esp. in the way the chicken is roasted and the type of sauce that is used. The best chicken rice shld have really juicy pieces of chicken that is roasted to golden brown and drenched in soy sauce and sesame oil. The rice itself is cooked with chicken broth and ginger. It is usually served with cucumber and spring onions. While typing this, I can actually smell sesame oil. No kidding. Must be my imagination. :P
For the recipe to make this dish just visit this link: http://www.roseskitchenette.com/?p=316

No comments:

Post a Comment