Monday, June 22, 2009

Slow.... Streamyx Broadband


Lately, since Streamyx announced they did a major upgrade on their equipment or services, I see that my broadband is getting really slow. Anyone having the same problem?
I went to a website : http://www.speedtest.net/, to check my download speed to a server in KL, and the result is: 470kbps for download. ( It is slightly below my subscribed 512kbps). However, it still felt slow, so I tried with a server in the US i.e. San Francisco. And it just hanged for a while and moving at a very slow crawl and the speed is 30kbps!! My guess is that there is a big "traffic jam" going to the US gateways from Malaysia. Not sure what is causing the jam. Internet getting crowded with too much traffic, but limited bandwidth??

No comments:

Post a Comment