Thursday, October 22, 2009

Penang Bridge Marathon... Nov22nd 09


After months of deliberation, I finally signed up for the Penang Bridge Marathon. The reason for the delay was that I may not have the time to train for it since I was away for a while and busy with work. My thought was to run the half marathon which I ran 3 times prev. in 2000, 2003 and 2006. I did the 10K fun run last year with my wife. I decided to not do the half marathon after finding out that the start time was the ungodly hour of 330am, and u need to be there about 2am plus. Usually, this is the time where I am at my deepest sleep, and can't imagine having to wake up that early just to run. Previously, the half marathon started at a more reasonable time of about 5:30'ish. Well, I finally decided to run the fun run again. Will try to beat my prev. time of 1hr 10 min. Got to start training.... 30 days left to go.
Check out the website... http://www.penangmarathon.gov.my

Update : Nov 22nd.  Author completed the run in just under 53 mins. He thinks that this year's route was a little shorter. The early morning weather was cloudy with a cool breeze.  The run started right in front of the new Eastin Hotel, and there were a few colourful characters, e.g. a wedding couple, some Red Indians, and high school cheerleaders. Quite a festive atmosphere. This year's marathon is better planned with enough water at the drinking station. Last year a lot of the station ran out of water. Overall, a great run,.... and probably start training for the 1/2 marathon next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment